1. The aim of this virtual run is to stay as true as possible to the actual experiences of doing a physical race by having the participants complete the run using predetermined routes within the cut off times. 3 routes have been carefully designed for you to choose from, they are 15km, 25km, 50km. All 3 routes have been plotted with the start/endpoint outside Dairy Farm MOE Outdoor Adventure Centre and the directional arrows on the course maps will take you in a clockwise direction as designed by the race director. You can choose to start your run at any point/location on the predetermined routes but you have to finish at the same point/location from which you started the run, thus ensuring that you have completed the entire course and distance of the category that you are doing. But we strongly recommend that you follow the routes in the clockwise direction as indicated in the maps of the routes that we have provided here. Doing the routes in an anti-clockwise direction might lead to confusion, especially for those doing the 25km and 50km. You might end up getting off course or getting lost. Thus please do not attempt an anti-clockwise direction run.
2. The run must be completed within a period of 6 weeks starting from 0700hrs on 15th October 2021 and ending at 2359hrs on 21st November 2021.
3. The run must be strictly completed within the specified cut off times for each of the 3 distance categories. Any data sent in that exceeds the specified cut off times of the 3 distance categories is invalid and will be rejected.
4. You are allowed to do as many attempts as you want to but only one run of data must be submitted to be uploaded into the leaderboard.
5. The run must be completed in a single continuous attempt within the specified cut off times and cannot be broken over several days.
6. The run must strictly follow the courses designed by the race director for each of the 3 distance categories. It must be completed where the courses are located which are all to be found within the Central Catchment Nature Reserve.
7. Upon completing the run, you are to take a screenshot of the run data recorded in the app that was used to record the details of the run. The screenshot should show the course run, distance covered and the duration of the run clearly. Any screenshots showing only the number of steps taken is considered invalid and will be rejected.
8.The screenshot of the run must be uploaded via a link which will be provided upon race registration. Only one screenshot per participant will be allowed to be uploaded. and this will be considered as the final data. Subsequent attempts to upload screenshots afterwards will be rejected.
9. The distance covered as indicated in the screenshot data will be scaled down to the nearest milestone based on your overall pace in case the distance covered is greater than the registered distance. The scale down will be subsequently reflected as such on the leaderboard and on your E -Certificate.
10. Any participant who runs a shorter distance than the chosen distance category will be disqualified.
11. Once you have uploaded the data of your run, it cannot be edited from your end.
12. The distance covered by you during the run should be recorded in kilometres and not in miles.
13. It is strongly recommended that you use popular tracking/running apps like Strava, Garmin, Nike, Adidas Running, MapMyRun, Mapometer or Runkeeper to record the data of your run.
14. You are allowed to either run or walk but it has to be completed within the specified cut off times for each category. Use of any mode of transport such as bicycles or PMDs during the run is strictly prohibited. Any use of such modes of transports will lead to disqualification.
15. You are to strictly follow the map of the routes as provided for by the organising committee. You are not to skip any sections of the routes or take any shortcuts. The supporting route data submitted by you will be thoroughly reviewed before it is posted onto the leaderboard. Any suspicious activities which we deem to be invalid data will be rejected.
16. Maps of the routes can be found on the website and on our social media accounts. GPX file formats will also be made available for download into your GPS watch/device which can guide you in navigating the routes while running.
17. In the unlikely situation whereby you get lost on the route (trails) or are not too sure of which is the right trail, you can call or Whatsapp the staff of the organising committee for guidance. We will be happy to guide you through any section of the routes which you may be unsure of. Please contact either Ash (81141781) or MK (93884476)
18. You are to strictly adhere to all Covid – 19 SMM directives while doing the run. The organising entity, King Trail Events Pte Ltd will not be held accountable or responsible for any violations of the SMM directives by you while doing the run.
19. You are also to strictly abide by the rules and regulations of the relevant authorities while doing the run on the trails and maintain good trail etiquettes. Any participant caught breaking any of the rules and regulations imposed by the authorities will be held accountable for their actions and be dealt with accordingly by the relevant authorities.
20. You are strongly advised to bring along adequate hydration and food to meet your desired requirements while doing the run.
21. You are strongly advised not to do the run during wet weather due to risks of injury caused by falling trees, tree branches or slippery wet terrain.
22. In situations whereby it starts to rain when you are already in the middle of the run, you are strongly advised to discontinue the run and to seek shelter to wait for the rain to stop.
23. Please do check the weather forecast prior to setting off on the run to ensure it will be dry weather ahead.
24. You are strongly advised to bring along a fully charged mobile phone during the run. For those doing the 50km, we strongly recommend that you bring along a power bank and charging cable if you need to charge your recording devices.
25. Please stay alert and keep to one side of the trails while doing the run to give way for other trail users, especially mountain bikers.
26. Please plan your run well in advance and take additional precautions before, during and after the run, such as adequate hydration and nutrition to bring along for the run, first aid kits, sunblock and sufficient rest/sleep, post-run recovery nutrition.
27. Take note that the majority of the routes are on trails and the trails can only be used from 7 am to 7 pm. Night running on trails under NParks is prohibited by law and anyone caught violating this regulation will be dealt with by the authorities accordingly.
28. You are allowed to take deviations or detours to locations outside the routes but you have to pause your recording devices for the entire duration of the deviations/detours and when you choose to resume the run again, you have to restart from the point on the predetermined route from which you departed and resume the recording of the run again.
29. We strongly advise you to study and analyse the routes carefully first before you attempt the run. Its also recommended that you are able to view the routes on your device before you start the run. We also strongly advise you to do a thorough recce of the routes first, especially of sections which you are not familiar with. For those doing the 25k and 50km, there are 2 new sections of trails that many might not be familiar with and could potentially be confusing. Hence we will be marking out these 2 sections on weekends to guide you through without getting off course. For the dates & details of the sections which will be marked, please refer to the maps section.
1. This is a strictly non-refundable event and no exemptions for refunds will be entertained under any circumstances. After payment of the registration fees, you hereby acknowledge and accept that there will not any refunds generated to you, be it partial or full amount. In addition, there will also not be any rollover of your entry to other events organised by King Trail Events Pte Ltd. However you can transfer your registration/entry to another person one week before the start of the virtual event. Any requests for transfer of registration/entry after the start of the virtual event period will be rejected.
2. By registering for this event, you fully agree to participate at your own risk and fully indemnify the organiser, King Trail Events Pte Ltd and its partners/sponsors against any claim(s), and not limited to medical/monetary, for any health issue(s), and/or death as a result of your participation in the event. The Organiser will not be held accountable or liable for any such medical or safety issues encountered by you as a result of your participation in the run.
3. It is strongly recommended that you get personal liability insurance coverage for the run. If you already have insurance coverage, please check your existing insurance policies for the coverage.
4. Every healthy and reasonably trained runner who has reached the age of 18yrs and above is eligible to participate in the run.
5. Any exchange of T-shirts is to do done at the post-run race pack collection and is subject to the availability of the sizes which you want to exchange. We will not strictly entertain any requests for the exchange of T-shirts after the post-run race pack collection is over. No exemptions whatsoever will be entertained. We strongly advise you to choose the correct T-shirt size.
All participants are required to take note of our refund policy and agree to its stipulations without fail before registering for the race. Failure to do so will not be held accountable against us in any dispute arising from a refund claim made by a participant.
- If a registered participant chooses not to enter the race or declares to the Organiser his or her withdrawal on medical or personal grounds, he or she will not be entitled to any refund of the full entry fees. This regulation will not be exempted under any circumstances whatsoever. However, we do allow a transfer of race slots from a registered participant to someone else who has not signed up for the race yet. But any transfer of race slots will be allowed only up to 1 week before the start of the event period (15th October). No transfer of race slots will be allowed after that and all transfers are restricted to one per entry. There will be no service charge for the transfer of slots but please notify us of the details of the transfer done.
- We will also not entertain any requests or demands for a full refund or partial refund of the entry fee from a participant after he/she has run the race and regardless of whether he/ she has completed the race within the cut off times. Any refund claims or disputes will strictly not be entertained under any circumstances post-race.